I’m a Dutch JEE senior consultant/architect with more than 10 years experience in the Java world. I currently live in Bulgaria and work for companies all over the globe.
My interests are concurrency control, stm, distributed computing, cloud-computing, enterprise/software architecture. I don’t care much about classic middleware, but I do care about interesting applications. Especially ones that process large amounts of data, batch processing and distributed/scalable applications. I’m also very interested in software quality/refactoring/patterns and language design.
Open Source Software
I’m working on the following projects:
- Founder of Multiverse: Java based software transactional memory that uses Multi Version Concurrency Control.
- Committer on Hazelcast: Java based datagrid implementation
- Founder of Hazelblast: A Java based layer on top of Hazelcast the provides transparent remote interfaces
- Committer on: Akka: Java/Scala based framework for creating scalable and distributed applications using actors and STM.
- November 2011 – JUG Schotland – Java Memory Model
- September 2011 – Strange Loop conference – STM silverbullet or…
- November 2009 – JTeam Meetup (Dutch Java Get-together) – Software Transactional Memory & Multiverse
- November 2009 – Devnology (Dutch Java Conference) – Software Transactional Memory & Multiverse
- April 2009 – J-Spring (Dutch Java Conference) – Software Transactional Memory
- November 2008 – J-Fall (Dutch Java Conference) – Java Memory Model